This webinar will focus on synchronizing ultra precise time (i.e. sub microsecond) across distributed (Linux) applications deployed in high frequency and algorithmic trading. The challenges are twofold: First, how to very precisely synchronize the time between computers in a trading system. The second, is how that time can be precisely synchronized with other computers around the planet.
This presentation will demonstrate how to overcome these challenges, and will be supported with real data/measurements. The goal is for the audience to learn about the need for time synchronization, technology to deliver the time, the techniques to validate/verify the time accuracy and precision, and real world data supporting the claims.
Paul Skoog, Product Marketing Manager at Symmetricom, will be the presenter.
Attend this 45-minute webinar and learn about:
1. The importance of time stamping and synchronization for high frequency and algo trading.
2. Current challenges to time synchronization, and business impacts of errors.
3. What is PTP, PTP accuracy and why not all PTP synchronization systems are created equal.
4. Overcoming network and (Linux) operating system issues that impact synchronization accuracy.
5. Time measurement techniques at the trading application layer.
This webinar has passed. A recording is available here.